The Spring 2016 issue of the Civil War Monitor is now available to subscribers online, and should be appearing in mailboxes and newsstands soon. As usual, it’s got a lot of good stuff inside:
- “Damn Yankees: How Confederates Defined and Demonized Their Northern Opponents,” by George C. Rable.
- “The Wilderness Revisited,” by Stephen W. Sears.
- “Medals of Honor: A Portfolio of Heroes,” profiles of seventeen recipients of the Medal of Honor.
- “Travels: A Visit to Spingfield,” by Christian McWhirter and Samuel Wheeler.
- “Faces of War: A Death Far from Home,” by Ronald S. Coddington.
- “A Reconstruction Bookshelf,” by Brooks Simpson.
- “Ulysses S. Grant and the Long, Hard Slog,” by Mark Grimsley.
- “The Unintended Expert: How a Chance Encounter Led Garry Adelman to a Second Career in Civil War History,” by Jenny Johnston.
Now would be a good time to subscribe to the Monitor, y’all.