Nerd Teevee

Posted in Memory by Andy Hall on January 17, 2015

C-SPAN Tweet Small

On Friday I had the pleasure of giving an interview on blockade running and Texas during the Civil War for the C-SPAN 2 series, C-SPAN Cities Tour, that highlights the history of smaller cities around the country. The Galveston episode will include interviews with Galveston Historical Foundation Executive Director Dwayne Jones, Texas A&M University at Galveston Professor Steve Curley, and my friend Sharan Zwick from the Galveston Bookshop.

The weather, which had been coldgrayrainingwetyuck for the better part of a week, cleared spectacularly Friday, just in time for the C-SPAN crew’s shooting schedule. I’d like to thank Tiffany Rocque from C-SPAN for inviting me to be a part of their production, and Jamie White and the folks at the Texas Seaport Museum for allowing us the perfect location. The show should air on the weekend of March 7-8.

______

Image via C-SPAN Twitter

GeneralStarsGray

1. M.D. Blough said, on January 17, 2015 at 2:53 pm

That is so cool!

2. Christopher Shelley said, on January 17, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Excellent! I look forward to the broadcast.

However, listening as I write to the thin cold Portland rain beating on my skylight, your weather complaints don’t wash with me. But I am glad it was clear for your presentation. Presenting in bad weather blows. (See what I did there?)

• Andy Hall said, on January 17, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Thanks. I don’t think I was very articulate, but I’m hoping some miracle of post-production editing will save me.

• H. E. Parmer said, on January 18, 2015 at 1:10 pm

There are plenty — some might say, a super-abundance — of highly articulate purveyors of total garbage on the air in this country. Someone who actually knows what they’re talking about ought to make for a refreshing change, even if their delivery isn’t quite so polished. It sure would help (hint, hint) if you’d remind us, when you get a more definite date. I know I’d like to watch it.

3. Pat Young said, on January 18, 2015 at 2:16 pm